"where the line is drawn"

Thursday, May 14, 2009

one last night

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Here I've got the "camera" on a peg and I'm trucking in (not zooming). Neat. And ripe for abuse. It looks like I could do all sorts of annoying camera moves with this if not held in check. But, hey, if you can't abuse it then it's just going to waste, right?

Got a couple ideas that I want to animate, so I hope I can finish them tonight.

Here's the process:
  • I get an idea
  • I animate it
  • I share it on the web

And sometimes after stage 2 I have to find music or sound for the animation, so there's that. But you can see that my production process is pretty simple. Not a lot of complicated stuff in there like design and development or storyboarding or complicated crap. Why? Simple. All that extra stuff gets between me and actually doing the animation. I could waste time scripting and storyboarding all this stuff or I could just do it. Doing wacky "camera" moves falls into that category of things to do instead of animating.

0 comments: