"where the line is drawn"

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Burned again

It's a crap shoot when you order refurbished electronics. Sometimes you get something as good as new. And then there's times like now where it just looks like they reboxed a return without even looking at it.

Yeah, I finally got that refurbed Toshiba portable DVD player, and it's hashed to hell. Tool marks on the case of the battery, missing feet, adhesive gum all over the spot where the feet are gone. One pair of headphones crushed and jammed into the box like an after thought. Yeah, really freaking nice. Should I return it? What? And wait for it to sit in a warehouse for another week before I get it back. Maybe a month later? Nope. Time to just let it go. I just need to let it all go and mark it up to another freakin' loss.

No idea if it even works. I don't have a disk on hand to try it out with.

0 comments: