"where the line is drawn"

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Showtime

Quantcast

Although the show didn't start until 10pm I was playing kung fu trailers and a countdown intermission reel leading into the show. Which worked out for all the people who showed up expecting the show to start at 9pm. I'm glad I had that intermission reel set up the night before.

This was the first show I'd done with two working DVD players. It worked much MUCH better then one DVD player. Very little to no lag time, I think I showed more clips then I did at A-Kon's show. And I didn't go to the OtakuHELL dot com loop like the older shows. Only when I needed to make a comment or stop and throw some candy.

It turned out that the girl running the soundboard for us was gonna run YaoiFEST after we finished the show, and she was a real pro. I wish I'd gotten her name. I'll have to ask AtsuiCon. Out of respect for her and her hard work I ended the show a few minutes early so we could pack up and get out of the way. That and I was really REALLY tired at that point.

Of course everybody wanted to go to the greenroom and party and hangout. As tired as I was I decided to go. But after sitting down for awhile fatigue set in. And I had to bow out and crash. And I crashed hard. I didn't even notice when the kids got back to the room.

Sunday was the Charity Auction. So I got up around 9am and showered and started the day in the greenroom with a strip of bacon and a plate of scrambled eggs. But I was a bit worried about getting out of the room in time. And we sorta made it out, eventually. We had the Caravan loaded by noon-thirty. By then Michael was working the Auction. 2pm we grabbed Michael and hit the road. We stopped at BABINS for supper and then Michael took over driving the Caravan back home.

And that was the trip.

0 comments: