"where the line is drawn"

Monday, August 06, 2007

Houston...Houston

21
What a weekend. Where to start? What the heck?

Woke up Saturday morning and finished packing for the show. I'm running early. So I figure I'd just head over to Bruce and Mundee's and pick up Bruce and Katie and then over to Joshua's to get Josh and Michael.

I turn on my phone and there's a voice message from Michael. There's word that AtsuiCon is in financial straits. Heck, there may not even be a con there when we get there. Then the phone rings and it's Josh, I tell him I'm heading over. But first I stop to get Bruce and Katie.

Bruce and Katie aren't even up yet. So, I go to Josh's and talk to the guys. Michael tells me what he heard at Funi while recording on Friday. I think about it. I tell them that I'm already into this venture to the tune of $250 and I think we should just go to Houston and see what happens. If there's no con we'll have our own fun. It's a good excuse to get out of town.

So, we pack up and head over to get Bruce and Katie. This is, of course, like herding cats. But eventually we get them into the Caravan, then it's back to get Michael and we're off....

To be continued...

0 comments: