"where the line is drawn"

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hello Hans

IMG_1028
Hans came into the world this morning. And I expect everything to change from now on. Work will be a differnt place now. And It should be interesting. And different.

They have something called Free Mini Comic Day now. It's like Free Comic Book Day, but only with Mini Comics. That's funny. But not a bad deal, in a way. It's not like I ever charge for any of the zines or comics I've done. Well, save for JUKU. So, I spend the money to print up a batch of Minis, and then spend more money shipping the Minis to the Free Mini Comic Day people who then somehow get comic book stores to order the minis? I guess? The submission page seems a bit confusing. But I think you're submitting your completed Minis to them to distro. 25 to 75 of them. Ok. Well, it's May 5th. So, it may be doable. I'll have to think about it. The deadline is April 23rd.

And Free Zine Day is also May 5th, too. Funny that. Except I'm not sure how that one works, either. Yet somehow all this is tied in with Free Comic Book Day, so maybe the zines will be handed out at Comic Book Stores. I guess.

I'm hoping that I'll be hanging out with Josh and Michael for FCBD, doing CAPE at Titan, like last year.

I really really need to get back to drawing more. And maybe finish some comix, too.

While working on the 8th Man write up I decided to break it down to single episode reviews. I'm thinking that I can generate more content that way, and mine more comedy gold from the source material. Just like they do on the TVSquad blog. An episode at a time. I can do this with Prince Planet and those Ultra Man DVD box sets, too. It's a plan!

0 comments: