"where the line is drawn"

Friday, June 19, 2009

HNK on the way

Magical Nurse Girl
I need to call a meeting with Bruce and Katie and Ed. But first I need to work out a plan of action to layout at the meeting.

First up, I need to get a new template for the HNK webpage. I'll do that myself. What I want to work out at the meeting is the content. Between me, Bruce, Ed and Katie there's enough of us to post on a regular or semi-regular basis and maybe get some interest and traffic to the website. 4 people, each posting once a week? How hard is that?

I'd like to bring back Trading Card Tuesday, too. I'll ask Bruce for the files he used to make The Cautious Twins trading cards and make a template card to use. Then I'll do the heavy lifting and ask Bruce to write the copy for the cards. Quick, easy and we could generate months of weekly posts.

I think the best way to do this would be to make a weekly schedule. And we each pick a day of the work week. Monday and Friday being the most important days. I'll take one or the other. Friday'd be best. That'd give me the week to work on the post. Of course it's something we'll have to work out and agree on with the group.

Most importantly, I need to show Ed and Katie (and Bruce) how to post to the HNK page. Show them how to do it and walk them through it. Get Katie a flickr account and show Ed and Katie how to post pictures, too.

And then there's the book/Hell Nurse merchandise. This is something that needs to be seriously addressed. I've dropped the ball on this one. I need to work out a plan for this. Ask Katie if she has any thoughts on what she'd like to see.

Some ideas off the top of my head:

  • autographed pictures
  • postcard sets
  • posters
  • stickers (Endless possibilities.)
  • candy (That's right. Hell Nurse Katie Candy! HARD CANDY!)
  • panties (Screen printed)
  • paper nurse hats? (where I'd get these I have no idea.)
  • a doctor rabbit plushy (where I'd get that I have no idea. Susan maybe?)
  • Katie's special bears

AnimeFEST is coming up and I'd like to get something done in time for that. Possibly a contest?

Katie was talking about doing a podcast or video podcast. I think it's a good idea and we should work out something for a weekly show. I'd like to animate the titles and work out some post production for it. Talk to Brian about doing the music for it, maybe?

Set the calendar. I want to post VHS HELL on Monday and Sound Hell on Friday. And back stock it for by 2 weeks at the very least. Gotta do that tonight or this weekend.

0 comments: