"where the line is drawn"

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

happy accidents

Magical Nurse Girl test
I started wondering how the Magical Nurse Girl comics would look like in a clean vector style. So I did this in inkscape. It's interesting. It does lose the spontaneity of the fountain pen illustrations. On the other hand it makes the illustration look stronger and more iconic. I don't think it makes it better, just different.

I think I need to work out a system of line weights for this. I want to try to "digitally ink" one of Ed's Hello Tako comics this way.

Finally updated the HNK template. Need to tweak it out, but for now it's looking better then before. And it's functional. Now to make some comics and icons and other stuff to put on the website. Wallpaper? Papercraft? Sozai? I've got to knock some out.

The Averatec is now in a boot up loop. If I can't rescue it I'll have to re-install once again. What I'd really like to do is put Tiny-XP on it. I may have to wait for the weekend to find the time to actually do this.

0 comments: