"where the line is drawn"

Thursday, June 11, 2009

always need more DVDr blanks

It took me awhile to figure it out. We'd keep losing the DSL. And I'd call the ISP and ask them why the DSL was down and they'd tell me nothing was wrong. At first I thought there was a problem with the automatic payment. But I was paid up. So, why was the DSL cutting out?

The weather.

See, the DSL comes to the Edstead through an old cable in the back of the house. It sags down between the trees. I have no idea where it connects on the other side of the fence. But when it blows that cable gets battered around and we lose the DSL.

And since we can't have a gentle summer rain in Texas last night we got a near biblical thunderstorm that knocked me off the internet. And what with the storm still going through we still had no service when I left for work this morning. And I wager it's still down as I write this.

0 comments: