"where the line is drawn"

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

OtakuHELL sells out

Winstones19

Yeah. It's a do over.

I'm gonna say that A-Kon will be the first OtakuHELL of the year, so we've got enough time to do this. I'm gonna turn the show over to Bruce and Katie and Bob. I'll have them get me a list of videos and finds and I sit down with them and edit all their clips onto a DVD and that'll be what we'll show at A-KonHELL. Because that's what they want. So I'll give it to them.

I also think there's time to make an OtakuHELL opening like Gavv makes for his show. I'm writing it up and hope to have an animatic for the meeting on Sunday night.

OtakuHELL Opening:
30 seconds?

Anime Parody Op?
Music? What about what Michael's composition? Or maybe talk to Brian about creating something?

A story or gag to hang the images on?

Must have:
Intro Bruce
Intro Katie
Intro Danno
Intro Bob? Maybe? If Bob shows up?

And OtakuHELL Title Card
(maybe an "If there's a hell below, we're all gonna go," before the title card?)

Possibly have quick cuts of popular HELL videos drawn in a anime style and cel shaded?
Sid Davis's daughter from Live and Learn
Forklift Driver Klaus
Master Ninja Gordon
Yellow faced narrator from My Japan
Mister T from Be Somebody

A possible plot to hang the visuals on:
Somebody Goofed
A decent into an otaku hell. Visions of fat crossdressing cosplayers and annoying Narutards in a lake of fire, etc...
Danno is the ferryman at the river.
Katie is a vision of an angelic nurse.
I'll have to ask Bruce and Bob who they'd be.

Any Giant Robots?

Eh. Just a thought.

I like to start with the audio if possible, that way I could time the cutting of shots to the beat and accents of the music. But that's not possible. So start with a storyboards and flash animatic without sound.

"Ladies and Gentlemen"
"Welcome to HELL!"

"Katie"
"Bruce"
"Danno"
"Bob?"

"If there's a HELL down below,"
"We're all gonna go!"

"www.animehell.org"

And if we can get this done before ACen maybe we could put something like "Coming to A-Kon 2008" in there and send it off to Gavv to show at his HELL. And that's only a short time before A-Kon. Hmmm.

ACen-May 16th
Anime North-May 23rd
Project A-Kon-May 30th

0 comments: