"where the line is drawn"

Monday, February 18, 2008

Crossy asks the question


Crossy Talks from tohoscope on Vimeo.

Ok, next I'm gonna have to rebuild the Crossy digital puppet. I need to make switch files for the hands/arms and the eyes need to blink. And if I'm gonna get any mileage outta this I need to consider lip syncing for an emotional range. I need sad and angry and maybe bored or a neutral expression. Maybe I should experiment with Moho scripts, first, get to know what I can do before a complete refit.

I also need to do something longer, and add another character, and a background/foreground. You know, the stuff that'd make it more complex. Gotta aim high.

Of course all of that doesn't really matter if I don't come up with a good script to animate the damn thing with.

What I was considering is something like the Don Hertzfeldt's opening for The Animation Show. But instead of explaining what animation is I'd have Crossy explaining what AnimeHELL is. Don's animation is simple, but it's the writing that makes it work so well. I need to do that. Time to do some brainstorming.

Think, what can I do with this?

0 comments: