"where the line is drawn"

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Halloween toss off

GS_DRACULA_3_Cover
I couldn't watch the whole movie.

AMC showed HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION last night as part of their Monsterfest programming. I understand this is the follow up movie to H20, which I hear is a good movie. Unlike this one.

I got interested when I saw Jamie Lee Curtis in the opening credits. And we find Jamie as Laurie Strode in an asylum, not taking her meds and waiting for Micheal. Who shows up and starts killing everybody who isn't his sister. And we get a moment with Laurie fighting back and capturing Micheal on the rooftop. AND THEN she decides to unmask him before she kills him. And whouldn't you know it, Micheal kills her. And with a kiss and an "I'll see you in HELL," Laurie falls from Micheal's arms into the darkness. This is about 15 minutes into the movie. That's when the movie goes wrong.

And then it's like they wanted to cash in on the whole BLAIR WITCH thing. It makes no sense, and it's an insult to the audiance. Why not have the whole movie be Laurie vs. Micheal and have some real fun? What a waste.

I'm almost afraid to turn on the TV tonight.

0 comments: