"where the line is drawn"

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Building a Tingler

drawbot

The other day Randy Stewart mentioned that The Tingler would be playing at a local theater. And then this Drawbot shows up the next day on the Makezine Blog. So I'm thinking I need to work out a cheap version of The Tingler for the HELLshow.

The easy part: tape a 9 volt battery to an electric motor with an offset weight attached. The hard part: How do I turn the 'tingler' on from across the room? How do I attach the 'tingler' to the seats? I'll need some sort of container to hold the 'tingler' and attach to chairs. I wonder if there's some sort of cheap rf switch I could use, I really don't want to run wires around the room. Too much of a hassle. Then again rigging multiple seats with tinglers will be something of a hassle. I guess it depends on how badly I wanna play William Castle.

I should start small and just rig up a few chairs in the house. Test it all out...

0 comments: