"where the line is drawn"

Monday, January 30, 2006

VHS and a DVD


McMario
Originally uploaded by *Kazze*.
Two more tapes of THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SPEED RACER showed up at the office. Leaving only one tape left for me to complete the set. PANDA AND THE MAGIC SERPENT also showed up and looks very interesting. I thought my copy of THE ANIMATION SHOW had arrived, but it turned out to be JIM HENSON'S THE STORYTELLER series. I had picked up a STORYTELLER tape a couple weeks ago and remembered how nice they were. A very RETURN TO OZ feel to them. And the DVD was pretty cheap.

That reminds me. I need to pick up a copy of RETURN sometime.

Used VHS is coming down more and more. Used VHS at Halfprice is $3.95 which sets the bar for Movie Warehouse and the other used video stores. $.99 for the clearance tapes but there are $.50 tapes there if you look for them. Most used tapes don't go quite that low. But prices are on a decline with the DVD boom. Hell, I could start collecting Laserdiscs if I could only find an LD player. I see this as a good thing for tape collecting. Hopefully the tape trade won't get too out of hand on eBay and the like. But it makes collecting fodder for HELL easy.

0 comments: