"where the line is drawn"

Friday, July 01, 2005

Smaller and smaller rooms

I've noticed that from the move from the Collage Street apartments to Oak Tree Lane to next week's move to West Tucker Boulevard my room gets smaller and smaller. And yet my amount of crap gets larger and larger.

Consider this: in my move from Minneapolis to Texas my video collection was mostly VHS tapes with a shoebox of VCDs. Since moving to Texas I've bought all of my DVDs, often two or more a week. Most of these were bought during the current and stable period of living at the Oak Tree Lane Gun Compound over the last two and a half years. So you can imagine the boxes and crates of DVDs that are piled high in the DanCAVE.

And I'm afraid if I load them into the P.O.D.S. that those DVDs will melt in the Texas heat. So I'm working around 'em right now. But this weekend is the big push before the move on the 7th of July. I'm making plans and making lists of the things that I have to do before the move. And as I've noted before, I hate moving.

0 comments: