"where the line is drawn"

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Learning to fall


Panel of DOOM
Originally uploaded by tohoscope.
I've been tweaking out flyers for HELL events lately. Carol Hutchings sent me a link to a dingbat font and something clicked when I started playing around in Illustrator. True, nothing I've cranked out is groundbreaking design or worth any real notice. The breaktrough is that I suddenly GOT the interface.

I also realise that part of this burst of production is reaction to the stress of moving, and it's really REALLY hurtin right now.

All weekend we had no water at the house on Tucker. Ed put in the call to turn on the water on Monday, we get water turned on on Tuesday. Then Tuesday the electric is turned off. I've only slept one night in Tucker, the rest have been on Bruce and Mundee's couch. If there's still no power when I go home tonight I really don't know what I'll do.

As a bonus, the electrical outlets in my room are so old they won't hold a plug. That's right. Plug something into the outlet and the weight of the cord drops the plug from the outlet. So, I have to hire an electrictian to fix the outlets in my room.

The hits keep on coming...

0 comments: