"where the line is drawn"

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Playlist

Working once again on the OtakuHELL DVD, making a list of shorts for the compilation. MY JAPAN goes to the top, of course. As do a number of Sid Davis shorts, LIVE AND LEARN for certain, DANGEROUS STRANGER is a possiblity.

Still haven't solved the commentary recording problem. Looks like it could be much more expensive to pull off then I once thought.

I've been thinking about another project, involving flash animation/machinema of public domain films. My first idea was to take NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and divide it up into scenes and have animators sign up and animate each scene to it's original public domain soundtrack. But I realised that it'd be unmanagable for a first project. The film is long and the odds that I could find enough people to sign up for scenes is a long shot.

However, if I picked something smaller, like a short from the public domain, I could animate it myself. And that's an easier goal then a whole motion picture. Although I'd still like to try to do an entire public domain movie eventually. Looks like I need to start working on my MOHO skillz and get to work....

0 comments: