"where the line is drawn"

Monday, November 08, 2004

Johnny Socko and Tetsujin 28 Gou!

Today's DVDs include JOHNNY SOCKO AND HIS FLYING ROBOT from Showa Video, and TETSUJIN 28 GOU Part two and GOLD LITAN from Discount Anime DVD. Now I have all the episodes to the new Tetsujin 28 series, no thanks to the fansubbing community.

Well, I'm not as impressed with Showa Video's handling of TV shows. They edit out the openings and end credits to each and every episode. Which I suppose is good if you're one of those folks who fast forward through that stuff. Me, I like opening and ending theme songs and all that stuff. So the Showa Video disks kinda chaff me. Especially when I see that there's still room on the DVD-Rs for something like THE SHOW CREDITS. While I'll be the first to admit that the American International credit rolls are no triumph of the human spirit, they are part of the whole package. And the episodes feel lacking without the credits and theme songs.

Will I order more tv shows from Showa Video? Yeah, I probablly will. But I'm more likely to order movies that are unedited...

0 comments: