"where the line is drawn"

Monday, November 01, 2004

The Last Man on Earth



Went shopping at Target on Halloween morning and found a widescreen DVD of THE LAST MAN ON EARTH with Vincent Price for only a buck. So, along with a big ol' bag of candy for the Trick-or-treaters I bought it and watched it as soon as I got home. Brother lemme tell ya, this was more then a bargain.

This movie was one of those, "I'll get it, someday" type of movies. I've seen it on Something Weird's Catalogues, and Sinister Cinema, others. And I've wanted to get it, but not as much as other films. I just didn't want it bad enough. I should've wanted it more, it's a great little movie, especially for Halloween.

The movie is like a sidebar to NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and it's much better then the more visible OMEGA MAN. Vincent is much more believable then Charles Heston, and TLMOE isn't burdened with the cultural baggage of OMEGA MAN. No hippy bullshit instantly makes LAST MAN a thousand times better...



Bruce tipped me off to CHARLEY SAYS on DVD so now It's on the way from Merry Ol' Amazon UK and with any luck I'll be showing THE AMBER GAMBLER at the next OtakuHELL!

In other video news, I tracked down a copy of THE LAST WAR for Bruce, and TETSUJIN 28 GOU Part 2 just became available. Happy? Oh yeah, I'm feeling really good about the finds. Can it get any better? Check it out:



THAT'S RIGHT! I got the CARNIVAL OF SOULS SUPER-EXCLUSIVE MIKE NELSON AUTOGRAPHED COLLECTOR'S EDITION. If you squint you can sorta make out, "Mike J N" on the cover...

0 comments: