"where the line is drawn"

Monday, April 23, 2007

Ueto Aya

nava02
I thought about going to Fry's on Saturday, but ended up going on Sunday. I picked up a $50 160gig Seagate and proceeded to back up the Firelites and the Averatec. It was long over due, especially after what happened to Gavv. Maybe I should've gotten two?

Dave's posted alot about Marjoe Gortner lately. I'll be honest. I had no idea who that was. Then I noticed his name on my copy of STARCRASH, which is sorta like one of the better Italian Star Wars rip offs but not quite as good as MESSAGE FROM SPACE. So I sat down and watched it again. Marjoe plays the Wookie. I decided that STARCRASH wasn't a good example of Marjoe, so I did a search at NetFlix. The first thing that pops up is MARJOE, a documentary. And it won an Academy Award. I realize that don't mean much, but I figured what the hey, and rented it.

Lemme start by saying it much better then STARCRASH. Turns out Marjoe was once a 4 year old Evangelist. They've even got clips of him as a 4 year old marrying couples and giving hellfire sermons. And then it gets even weirder. We follow around the adult Marjoe on the Revival Tent circuit as he sings and lays hands on the masses. THIS IS SOME AMAZING WEIRD STUFF. It's a sideshow call and a hucksters scam and Marjoe shows it all. Kinda wrong how he gets all hippy drippy free love and how it's wrong to hurt others and yet he's busy bilking all those folks in the revival meetings out of their monies.

Oh yeah, I love Ueto Aya.