"where the line is drawn"

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

HELL Shock


I wanted to talk about SOMETHING WEIRD VIDEO's SHELL SHOCK/BATTLE OF BLOOD ISLAND but Amazon doesn't have the cover scan. I recommend it primarily for the inclusion of the Army training films INFORMATION PLEASE and YOUR JOB IN JAPAN. While INFORMATION PLEASE is about Nazi interrogation YOUR JOB IN JAPAN focuses on "The Japanese Brain." I don't know much about YOUR JOB but I've heard it was produced by the Capra unit but was never officially released to the troops. Still I've shown bits of it at OtakuHELL on VHS, THE SWV version has better sound so I'm thinking of showing an excerpt at AKon16.

BLOOD SUCKERS/BLOOD THIRST is one of the DRIVE IN DOUBLE FEATURES series of SWV DVDs where one selection will play an entire 3 and a half hours of Drive-in style viewing. Starting with intermission countdowns to the show followed by some trailers and short subjects and then on to the main feature. I really wish SWV would do more of these, but they've started cranking out the softcore pictures and triple bills and don't seem to be looking back. I'm still kinda sore about SWV pulling the K.Gordon Murray series from production, I wonder who showed up with the copyrights?

Do yourself a favor and watch Howard Hawks' RIO BRAVO!

0 comments: