"where the line is drawn"

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

SPDope

You may not follow these things, that's cool with me. But I like me some sentai. The universal appeal of a kiddy show with dayglow kung fu rubbersuit monsters fighting implasibly transforming giant robots can not be denied. But it can be screwed with.

Disney has been hyping POWER RANGERS SPD for about a month now. Which is pretty much a toy commercial for Bandai's DEKARANGER line of merchendise. Before SPD premiered on superbowl weekend they were already filling the air with Bandai's ads. Make your market, make a demand. The show is almost an after thought.

Dekaranger Japan
You really can't compare SPD to DEKARANGER. Like all Power Ranger series they've pretty much built a whole new show around the Bandai Toyline. So, I can enjoy the original DEKARANGER show and enjoy SPD too.

Yeah, I liked SPD. I wish they'd find actors that could act, and learn how to do decent slap stick. And maybe better dialogue. But, I guess this is what you get these days. It's better then the Power Ranger shows from a decade ago....

0 comments: