"where the line is drawn"

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Cricket Bats


SAUN OF THE DEAD had me laughing and giggling. It's dark humor, subversive, and very very British. It charmed the hell outta me.

LAGAAN looks rather boring from the DVD boxart. I thought it was gonna be some sort of historical drama with the Indians up against evil Britishers and in a way it is. Lagaan is a sports genre movie, that just happens to be set in an Indian historical drama. And it's probablly the only other sports musical outside of DAMN YANKEES. It's an all-or-nothing cricket match, and even though I don't know crap about how to play the game you pick it up as you watch. Like your average Bollywood movie this one runs long and there's romance and singing and dancing and still it's a good movie. Especially that last reel...

I borrowed THE INCREDIBLES from Josh and Michael over the weekend and I was happy to see PIXAR return to it's introspective movies. The movie gives you alot to think about and will stick with you long after you watch it. Look for the Synchro-Vox MISTER INCREDIBLE short on the extras disk, it's way better then the JACK JACK ATTACK short that's featured...

0 comments: