"where the line is drawn"

Monday, March 07, 2005

Ultraman on DVD


Say what you will about 4Kids but their release of ULTRAMAN TIGA is top notch. Two disks in the DVD case with a few extras thrown in. You get the original Japanese episodes with English subtitles, unedited. It's a pretty sweet deal, actually. I'd recommend this to any Ultraman fan...

Image Entertainment's release of ULTRAMAN TIGA & ULTRAMAN DYNA is a movie I'd recommend for any body who'd like to get a taste of Tiga. It's alot of fun, even with it's flawed message.

ULTRAMAN GAIA: THE BATTLE IN HYPERSPACE is my favorite of the bunch. It's something of a love letter for the fans, especially the kids who've watched the show. And it works as a movie outside of the Ultraman universe. It works for me at least. I've read reviews from folks who don't get it, and are upset that it's not a typical Ultraman movie. To me this is why it's stronger then the other Ultraman on DVD.

0 comments: