"where the line is drawn"

Monday, March 28, 2005

500 miles of road rage...

Posted the KamiKazeCon O'HELL report from the weekend. I left out a few details, like the disappointment we had at Wasabi, the Japanese restaurant. After reading all the reviews it sounded like it was gonna be better then our favorite Sushi Bar, Blowfish. But it wasn't up to snuff. Still I needed something in my belly before the drinking to come during OtakuHELL.
alko14
Originally uploaded by tohoscope.

I also strongly recommend SPECS for all your liquor needs. SPECS was incredible, It'd take me a weekend to check out all the wines, the place is huge! And the prices weren't bad either. They had the big bottles of Bombay Saphire for $30, rather then the usual $40 that we pay around here. I was very happy that we stopped there before doing the show...

I've gotta mention that I was dog tired after driving the four hours plus to downtown Houston. I didn't realize there was a Starbucks in the lobby of the hotel until after HELL while drinking at the hotel bar. When I finally crashed in Bob and Emily's room I barely noticed anything. On the drive back I had 3 Cafe Americanos in me and I started to worry that I'd left a tape or some disks in Video Room 2, but everything seemed to be accounted for when I unpacked.

I was a fun trip, but I'm glad I came back Saturday. If I'd stayed I would've only spent money I didn't have to spend and I'd have been miserable if I'd slept on the floor again. Getting too old to do that sort of thing more then once or twice a year...

0 comments: