"where the line is drawn"

Monday, October 04, 2004

The OtakuHELL Digital Video Disk Project

Progress on the OtakuHELL Video Disk is coming along nicely. I was able to get Josh and Micheal on board for the commentary tracks and found some really cheap microphones at discount electronics. If the Sony Viao is delivered tomorrow I'll use it to record the session. Most likely we'll record either at the Compound Entertainment Complex or at Bruce and Mundee's this weekend. The question is will this be a DVD or an SVCD at this point.

The more I'm thinking about it the more I'm leaning to SVCD. Sure, there'll be less content on the Disk, but it's cheaper, and this is the first one. Any mistakes will be that much less costly then if it was with DVD media. And when I finally switch over to DVD we can include the SVCD compilations as Extras.

I once told Bruce that I'd like to get a job doing DVD Authoring. In a way, this is it.

I'll have to ask Mundee how much we should sell these Video Disks for...

0 comments: