"where the line is drawn"

Friday, September 23, 2011

tales of two wheels

This week. What a crap week.

Tuesday morning, go out to start up the mule to go to work and...it spun and spun and finally gave up on me.

Tuesday night, I get Ed to take me to Harbor Freight to get a jump box.

Wednesday morning, I jump the mule off. But, when I get to work it doesn't start on it's own. Battery won't take a charge.

Wednesday night, Ed and I go to, first Auto Zone, then Pep Boy's to get a new battery. New battery must be assembled, as in, I have to add the acid to the battery and then trickle charge the battery.

Thursday morning, I bungee the jump box to the mule to get through the day.

Thursday night, Ed and I go back to Harbor Freight to get a trickle charger. Then I make a battery.

Which brings me to today. I pulled out the old battery, install the new battery which had been charging all night, and....it worked.

In fact it's starting better then it did before. Which leads me to believe that the battery that had been in the mule was bad when I bought the mule.

Which makes me wonder what else isn't quite right on my brand new mule...

0 comments: