"where the line is drawn"

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Three frames at a time

In the last century I spent a good chunk of money on an animation peg bar and pre-punched paper for that peg bar and I made a light box out of scrap wood that I never sanded or sealed and was a constant source of splinters and scrapes. I tried to animate. I wanted to draw animated cartoons. I ended up with a pile of numbered drawings and no way to put them on film. I thought I could some how put them on video but soon realized that home video cameras don't do one frame at a time. I went through about 2 reams of 8 and a half by 11 inch 20 pound recycled papers worth of trial and error and learning. I have no idea where those pages are today. The light box was abandoned in Mpls. I still have the peg bar.

0 comments: