"where the line is drawn"

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Katie Kronicles

hnkplus

I figure someday I'll need to write it up for the book, so I'll start by gathering my thoughts here.

I guess it's my fault. Unlike all the other AnimeHELL purveyors who's shows are a pure video experience, or at least it seems like it to me, I'm guilty of trying to make something more of my own shows.

Yeah, I'm just not satisfied showing video clips. I had to go and play around with the formula which works for everybody else. Maybe because it didn't seem to be working for me. I guess I'm still bummed that I never get to play the main rooms here in Texas. Yeah, I have main room envy.

And so, not content just to spool video, I started adding stuff to the show. I don't remember which show exactly, but I put Bruce on a microphone. Then the next show I put Michael on a microphone. Why? The same reason DJs put MCs on microphones at their shows, to entertain the crowd while they cue up the next track. And I found that if I have a couple of good people on the mics they play off the audience and each other. It's my opinion that engaging the crowd makes for a better show. And I'm too busy cuing up the video to be very effective at this.

But I'm digressing.

Taking a cue from William Castle

and stinking blogger lost the rest of that thought...

0 comments: