"where the line is drawn"

Friday, September 01, 2006

Where did the week go?


IMG_2675
Originally uploaded by tohoscope.
Friday already and I'm still without a big bag of Tootsie Rolls. Good thing I've got all of Saturday to get my shit together. Most of what I needed to get done has gotten done. Just a few things to do and everything will be ready for tomorrow night's big show.

The more I think about it, the show is like throwing a party. I get all these things together and there's set up time and we get everything working and all that's missing is a table full of food. Instead it's a table full of DVDs, a TV Party.

The final episode of Who Wants to be a Superhero? was on as I made the buttons. So I dreamed about a show called Who Wants to be a Masked Vigilante? framed in a Republic Serial and filled with Rocket Jocks and Water Heater Robots and guys in union suits with domino masks and cloaked fedora and twin automatic sporting avengers. Every chapter ended with a challange where it seems like somebody's about to die, but then they're just removed from the group. Weird.

A thought about last year's AnimeFEST show. It was kind of special. First, because it was Michael's first show on the microphone, and I'm still not sure how I convinced him to get in front of the crowd. But it worked out fine. Second, it was the first time we had Nurse Katie at the show, too. And Michael gave her alcohol! What a way to start. Third, we were in the wake of Katrina. And they'd just bused a few hundred displaced NOLAians to Reunion Center. So when we arrived at Reunion Tower we were greeted with police cars and fire trucks and lots and lots of buses. And it was rather scary. But we went ahead and had a great time. We usually do...

0 comments: