"where the line is drawn"

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The second day of a 4 day con

I almost called the whole thing off. When Michael called me Saturday morning and told me he and Joshua couldn't make it to the show I just wanted to give up and walk away. Everything just seemed to be going wrong. But mid-afternoon Bruce convinced me to do the show anyway. Apparently people at AnimeFEST were asking about the show, so I figured if people were gonna show up I may as well do a show. Then Emily called and told me that she and Bob would help out, which really sorta threw me. I guess I really wasn't expecting it. I admit it was really fun having Bob and Em and Taliesin at the show.

Although I wanted to start set up at 9:00 it ended up being closer to 9:30 when we got to the panel room. And it turns out that the panel room we had been assigned to wasn't set up for "mulitmedia" so we were moved to panel room two. I had wanted to try running two DVD players for this show but the Dell video projector didn't like my video switchbox. Every time I changed the video source it decided it needed to recalibrate. Yeah, I know. In the end I gave up the second DVD player and just ran with the new Audiovox. I also gave up on recording the show on the iriver and with the webcam/DVD recorder, too. So now there's no record of the halfassed show. And to top it all off we had audio issues throughout the whole show. I really needed somebody on the audio board but I had no control over that issue. Maybe if I'd gotten the set up going sooner I could've gotten this worked out.

Things to have done by the next OtakuHELL:
Burn a new 200 disc.
Burn a new Halcali disc.
Find a new video switch solution.
Find a new audio solution.

If I ran the video from the Avertec would that solve the video/audio problems?

On the up side we had a full room, and we had alot of folks still hanging on at the end, God bless 'em. Even if they wouldn't sing along with Monkey vs. Robot.

0 comments: