"where the line is drawn"

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Journey Into Fear


JourneyIntoFearCover
Originally uploaded by tohoscope.
I've been obsessing over my new Tapwave Zodiac. It's a brilliant little tool. I originally thought this whould be a great for portible multi-media, and it does work nicely as an MP3 player and even a photo viewer, but It's still not impressing me as a video player.

Sure, it worked really well with the few japanese commercials I loaded on the SD card, but it choked on an episode of Rizelmine. Hard.

And the onboard Kinoma player/encoder seems flakey as hell. Gimmie the video specs and I'll encode my own clips for the Zodiac. I need to experiment with the clips some more.

Probablly the best thing about the Zodiac is Palmreader. I've got a couple ebooks loaded up and it works great for a small portable e-read.

Now if I can only figure out how to use the bluetooth to get e-mail and hook up to the web. But I bet I'll need a SD WIFI card to do that.

0 comments: