"where the line is drawn"

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Pucca Phone

Ok, so yesterday, Greggo is in town. And Brett Weaver is in town doing a voice on Funimation's Detective Conan, too. Greggo and Brett end up at Bruce and Mundee's house, and we decide to have dinner. So, we end up going for a bowl of Pho. And the Pho restaurant is next to the Hong Kong Supermarket (and a korean billardhall, but I'm too gwilo to go in there...) And I end up buying a Pucca faceplate for my Nokia 3595 for $15.

This morning I windowshop for it online, I find the same Pucca faceplate for $4.99.....Phuck!

The great part about the Pucca phone is that it's obviously a cheap knockoff. It's incredibly gaudy, the screenprint doesn't quite make it to the edges, and Pucca herself is oddly obscured by the keypad making me think that they simply used a design from another phone style that sorta fit but not really. So it looks like I've got a new phone, only it's a cheap phone that you'd get at the Fuel N' Forget pager kiosk.

On the bright side, if I'd bought the Pucca Phone online it may or maynot have fit on my phone. So, I guess the extra $10 was for that peace of mind...

And don't forget shipping and handling!

0 comments: