"where the line is drawn"

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The EGG and concerns

Working on the EGG again, now that A-Kon is over.

And I'm stumped.

The sketches I've done don't really work with the story. And the story's tone. While still being, well, something you'd want to read.

I was thinking of some sort of Seussian types to populate the story. But that didn't seem right. I couldn't really think of a way to work it in a way that felt right. Which brings me back to what would feel right.

Okay. It came from a dream I had. So, do I want to evoke a dream? No. Well, maybe?

What was it in Monsta that made it work for me? There's a whimsy to it. I suppose I'm using that word wrong. But that's where I think I need to go with the EGG. What I did with Monsta is how I need to approach EGG.

Now if I can only figure out how I arrived at Monsta.

0 comments: