"where the line is drawn"

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

r.o.t.o.r. spelled backwards is

Last night, before going to bed, I watched R.O.T.O.R. Why I hadn't seen this movie before I'm not sure. It's an interesting movie. It's a very low budget sci-fi movie that rips off both Terminator and Robocop, very badly. The narrative is oddly incoherent. The dialogue is stilted and candied up, the over dubbing makes it even worse. The plot takes detours and just doesn't quite make a whole movie. Did I mention it's set in Dallas?

Yeah, it stuck in my head.

So much that I had a dream where I was hanging out with Richard Gesswein and listening to him talk about making R.O.T.O.R. 2. We're at a restaurant and he's telling me about these scenes they need to shoot and how great everything will be and how he's got Chuck Norris in it and this and that. He shows me receipts from when he had coffee with Chuck Norris or lunch with Tommy Lee Jones. He wants me to sign something saying I'm on the crew so he can write off the dinner as an expense for the movie production. Weird, just freakin' weird.

0 comments: