"where the line is drawn"

Monday, March 29, 2010

of cattle and loveplay

I like to draw. And yet drawing frustrates me.

I've been drawing a lot more then usual lately. Which I guess translates in to me being an asshole lately, too.

However, looking at my current output I'm seeing some really nice stuff coming from that frustration. The kind of stuff that I usually relate to having a, "drawing mood." That hard to describe euphoria where I draw very fast and the general quality of drawing goes up and I peak for a few days before crashing back down in to a state where I find myself unable to draw anything decent.

Thing is, I'm not currently in a, "drawing mood."

I've been working at just trying to draw. Stealing a few hours in the evening before I get so tired that I can't lift my pencil/brush/stylus. Seeing something good come from all those line miles is something new and unexpected. I maybe gaining some ground here. Actually improving despite myself.

0 comments: