"where the line is drawn"

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

mining and refining

071409 01

Hey, how about some HNK?

071409 04
071409 03
071409 06
Look at that. I actually followed through on something. Now I just need to keep doing this every day.

Of course, since this is the still developing stage I'm not really happy with any of it. Too much isn't quite right. Not yet. I don't like the line weight on these HNKs, and I'm not too sure about the colours. There's no colour to speak of. If I hadn't render these with a background you'd never know I'd coloured her at all.

On the other hand, I do like where this is going. Exactly where that is I'm not completely sure at this point. There still feels like there's some piece missing from this. I'm hoping it reveals itself to me and I'm smart enough to spot it.

You know I think I'd like to try to make some digital comics this way. What could it hurt?

There's some Ub Iwerks going on here, and some Krazy Kat, too.

0 comments: