"where the line is drawn"

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rodan

TheJezebelsAdMat

I first saw Rodan on TV one afternoon as a kid, and I remember being freaked out by the giant bugs that attacked the village. The strangeness of those bugs was made even stranger to my young self by the dubbing, the people talked like they were in a dreamland, and it gave me nightmares. Not Rodan, who I thought was really neat in that way that dinosaurs drive the imagination of every child, but the miners under attack from the giant crawling demon bugs in those houses that seemed to be made of paper and couldn't keep you safe from the evil bugs. In my bed at night I was afraid to close my eyes for fear that the giant demon bugs would push though the walls of my bedroom. And I was afraid that the dream talking miners wouldn't save me in time.

0 comments: