"where the line is drawn"

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Monster Attack Teen

crossy3d
Funny things happen along the way. Things turn out differently then expected, and sometimes for the better. The HNK project is turning out to be something more then what I envisioned. And it's a good thing.

Worked on a three page Crossy strip that I penciled/wrote Sunday night because I couldn't sleep. Inks are complete and I started lettering it, unfortunately some of the inks weren't dry and I smudged a line. Nothing that can't be fixed with white out. All that's left is the post-production/assistant type work. Finish the lettering, put in the panel borders and do some colour/tones for posting on the web. Oh, and scanning it into the computer.

Thinking about more Crossy strips, and maybe some Yatterman styled Magical Girl Villians, too.

That gives me an idea.

UPDATE: Since I do composite elements of the comic in computer, such as colour, why not composite my lettering, too? Not to actually do the lettering in computer, no. I don't like the cookie cutter look of computer lettering. But do the lettering on a separate piece of paper and scanning it and adding it to the artwork on another layer. Got to give that a try.

0 comments: