"where the line is drawn"

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Getting it together

santo

Reading up on the tradition of the American Spook Show I really really wish I could some how incorporate the ideas and gimmicks into OtakuHELL. But there's a few problems to doing something like this. Hauling around the props would be a hassle. Where we do our shows is pretty much up in the air, there are no stages and curtains to hide the "magic." We're usually stuck in panel rooms, with very little beyond a table and the AV equipment. Control of things like the lights and what not, well that's really beyond what we could do. And on top of all that I don't know stage magic. And of course all those things cost money and require people to help out with all the props and gags.

But then again, maybe I can simplify it or tweak the gags to make them cheap, portable and easy to pull off. Something to think about...

Gotta finish up packing tonight. Stop by Bruce and Mundee's and pick up the swag that Katie left behind. And there are buttons to be made. Oh, and I need to print some fliers before I leave.

When do I sleep?

0 comments: