"where the line is drawn"

Monday, July 31, 2006

Getting the ink in the right places


Shiotdeadline looms.

Spent the majority of the weekend pushing ink and pencil. ARYAN TOASTER is all but done, just a few touch ups and cleaning up and it'll be ready to pass off to Bruce for inclusion in the new JUKU. I'll scan the pages tonight for my Shiotrib.

Also worked on HEINO: COMICS AND STORIES, THE SID DAVIS STORY, and LET'S MURDER. Picked up some Hideshi Hino manga at HalfPrice to look at his techniques to include in the LET'S MURDER feature. Hino's stuff is rather simple under examination. Sometimes it's simplicty is almost folkart like. Compared to Go Nagai horror strips, or more recently the Tomie manga. Hino is no Tekuza, but who is? Makes me wanna see Tekuza's VAMPIRE to see his horror techniques.

First priority is of course ShiotCrock, then I guess TerebiZine.

Just got the AnimeHELL stickers from Sticker Guy. Very nice. I think I'll be placing another order or two with Sticker Guy soon. Thumbs up from me.

0 comments: