"where the line is drawn"

Monday, April 10, 2006

Nausicaa


Nausicaa
Originally uploaded by tohoscope.
Last Saturday night they ran NAUSICAA on Cartoon Network (going against Cartoon Network's new policy to play LIVE ACTION movies and shows on a cable channel dedicated to animation. But that's another rant for another day.) and the new dub wasn't that bad. It was certainly better then the New Line dub and edit, which I kept being reminded of as I watched. Which is understandable because the New Line version of NAUSICAA was the first version I saw (repeatedly). I remember older anime fans who were insulted by the fact that I liked WARRIORS OF THE WIND, but that's all I had at the time. (And of course the elitist older fans who mocked me couldn't be bothered to share their copies off LD.)

Sorry about that digression.

One of the things that I noticed this Saturday was that sometimes in closeups Nausicaa looked sorta like a Matsumoto style influence to it.

I wonder why...

0 comments: