"where the line is drawn"

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Food From Home + Part One



I brought back alot of foodstuff from my trip to Minnesota. Food that I just can't find down here in Texas, and no, not all of it is white and bland.

One of the things I had to find room in my luggage for was 10 frozen pizzas. That's right, $2 a pie frozen pizzas.

What's so special about these specific frozen pizzas? Well, every saturday night back in New Ulm, Minnesota, me and my brother Chad and my sister Staci whould eat Roma Pizza and watch THE MUPPET SHOW and BANDWAGON. Dispite having very few toppings and "crust like cardboard" as my sister put it, I still occasionally crave the taste of a slightly burnt slice of Roma. Maybe it's the sause, or maybe the memories.

The kicker is that Roma Pizza is only distributed in Minnesota and Wisconsin, and you won't find it outside the area. I may need to call up Mom and Dad and have 'em send more Roma Pizza, I'm sure my private stock be gone before X-mas...

0 comments: