"where the line is drawn"

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

"I ain't gonna worry no gallows women no pain"

I got Stripes
Written by Johnny Cash and Charlie Wiliams

On a Monday, I was arrested
On a Tuesday, they locked me in the jail
On a Wednesday, my trial was contested
On a Thursday, they said "Guilty," and the judge's gavel pelled

I got stripes, stripes around my shoulders
I got chains, chained around my feet
I got stripes, stripes around my shoulders
And them chains, them chains, they're bout to drag me down

On a Monday, my mama come to see me
On a Tuesday, they caught me with a file
On a Wednesday, I'm down in solitary
On a Thursday, I start on bread and water for a while

On a Monday, I got my tripe depression
On a Tuesday, they caught me with a file
On a Wednesday, I‘ working digging dishes
On a Thursday I begged them not to knock me down again


Another song that Ohrwurmed itsway into my head. And damn if I didn't think it was a public domain song....

0 comments: